Volunteers – the backbone of our convention!
JimCon is a volunteer-run event and would be nothing without their generous help. There are many opportunities to help make JimCon a great experience for everyone.
- Tell your family and friends about the fun you have had at JimCon, introduce new players to the convention.
- Engaging with our Facebook community, following us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Being a great player and sportsperson. Inviting new players to your table using our balloon system, see our conduct guidelines for more tips on how to encourage a great gaming environment for everyone.
- Offering to run scheduled games and being a great GM (more information on that here).
- Volunteering to help with one of the many departments within JimCon at the con and other events around the city (see below).
We’re currently recruiting for JimCon 7!
Every year JimCon is run with the help of a dedicated crew of volunteers, without whom we’d never be able to do it! Volunteering comes with a number of perks that get better the more slots you help out! Perks including trinkets, a super exclusive volunteers-only raffle draw, free meal vouchers, and of course a full weekend membership for free for those who sign up for the full complement of shifts!
We need help with setup, teardown, registration, games library, silent auction, and floaters to help wherever a volunteer may be needed! Open positions are available here docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tVpMTh1rNQcNgFBkB9Lu87pqGNebsaXXwVf5Jf233iI/edit?usp=drivesdk
Shifts and positions will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis so please email Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with the following information:
- Dates/Times Available
- Preferred Position(s)
- Any Restrictions (e.g. can’t lift more than 10 lbs)
Please note, we unfortunately cannot have minors as volunteers at this time.